Padakun Pages

Sunday 11 October 2015

GOODBYE OLD FRIENDS

These old friends are retiring today. 
These are my Keen walking shoes, can't remember the model name but they have been wonderful companions and earned their rest.
They have supported me through sun, rain and snow; beaches and mountains, trails and sidewalks. Their slim soles (souls?) taught me not to pound the pavement but to slip into each step. To feel the ground and roll along it.
You can tell that the lesson was not fully learned by the heavy wear pattern on the right heel. As is my pattern, this is more pronounced on the right than the left. The black mark on the left toe-cap is from the persistent wear/pressure from a small fungal  growth that has re-appeared on my 2nd toe over the last few years. Sometimes its big and hard enough that it wore that hole.
This model seems to have disappeared, so I will go back to the Keen catalogue ( I wouldn't wear anything else) and find my next companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment